Created on 18 February 2011 through the Dahir no 1-10-2011, ANDA is a public entity, under the supervision of the Ministry of Agriculture and Maritime Fisheries. ANDA aims to promote the development of marine aquaculture on the Moroccan coastline.
As a strategic actor in the aquaculture industry, ANDA works to create a genuine momentum to establish a sustainable aquaculture in Morocco.
This vocation is well summarised in its motto: “One vision, many opportunities.”
Three key mandates were ascribed to ANDA to promote the development of aquaculture:
- To implement the government's aquaculture strategy.
- To initiate specific action plans that apply the guidelines of the national strategy for the fisheries sector and within the relevant regulatory framework.
- To promote the aquaculture industry and to encourage exchanges both at a national and international level.
ANDA has five main tasks to achieve these missions:
- Supporting investments in aquaculture by putting in place specific action plans.
- Proposing regulatory measures to promote the sector’s development and organisation.
- Supporting pilot projects in aquaculture in partnership with public and private stakeholders.
- Supporting investors in carrying out their projects.
- Implementing an appropriate communication and information policy by taking part in and organising events to promote the industry.